Booking tickets online will be much simpler and easier now. Google Pay collaborates with IRCTC to help users book their train tickets directly through their app.
Users on Google pay app can login to their IRCTC account, and book or cancel their tickets after browsing through the train options. Other standard IRCTC queries on seat availability, distance and travel time between stations, and journey duration will also be available through the app.
These are the steps to book the ticket through Google Pay-
- Open the app
- Browse to the Business category, and click on the ‘Trains’ option
- Go to ‘Book train tickets’
- Provide the origin and destination stations
- Provide departure date and quota
- Check for seat availability status from the list of trains listed
- Choose your seat
- Provide passenger details after logging in, and confirm
- Choose payment method
- Provide UPI PIN and make payment
- Provide your IRCTC password and fill the Captcha code
- Click on submit to book your ticket
Google Pay thus completes their coverage of the travel ticketing domain by adding IRCTC to other partners like RedBus, Goibibo, abhiBus, Uber and Yatra.
There are no extra charges for availing this facility. The Google pay IRCTC support is available both on iOS and Android. App users just need to update the Google Pay app to the latest version.